Wednesday, September 28, 2005

BACK TO THE GRIND....

So, after 2 weeks of intense rioting i decided to go back to work.

What did i do in my time off i hear you ask?

*Built Aunt Dot and Uncle Al a computer

Sep-05(comp2)Sep-05(comp1)
Sep-05(winsetup)

I always find the promise of the above picture to be hilarious, "your computer will be faster and more reliable" but then, i'm done with my anti-miccrosoft ranting, Mac are better people, just accept it.

*Tried to play playstation but my telly exploded

Sep-05(tv blowup)

The perfect time for my telly to die, on one of the first days off in the fortnight, what was i to do but go outside and play!

*Went to Raj's house for Pizza

Sep-05(rajpizza2)Sep-05(raj-pizza)

After completely forgetting to let Raj know that we were'nt going on a roadtrip, and feeling pretty crappy about that i decided to haul ass over to his house in an attempt to make it up with food.

*Did giants stuff

Sep-05(ice hockey)

Giants season is on again. Despite much slagging off, being undermined at every turn and feeling a little more than used at times, I dive back into arena life and assume the title of ridicule object oonce again.

*Played an accoustic gig at the Baptist Youth Weekend in Bushmills

Sep-05(gig up north)

Had a great time up north, but i had trouble finding my mojo. Took a rendition of Outkasts "Hey ya" mixed with a Cademon's call song to win over the crowd. That and there were many unexpected requests for Dvae Matthews Band, how can i refuse.

*Went to the dogshow

Sep-05(dogshow-tyson)Sep-05(dogshow)

Joanne's Youngest met his dady at the dog show after almost a year apart. Tyson went for him, after a brief sniff, having to be pulled away. A good day though.

but enough of all that...

I've been listening to John Prine a lot recently, especially the song "My Mexican home", which is filled with his usual clever pun filled word-craft-ery. The subject matter includes the death of his father. The wavering tone of his voice as he sings the verse brought a tear to my eye the first time i heard it:

"My father died, on the porch outside, on an august afternoon
I sipped bourbon and cried with a friend, by the light of the moon
So it’s hurry! hurry! step right up, It’s a matter of life or death
The sun is going down and the moon is just holding it’s breath"

The quote at the top right hand side of my blog is from it too, if you got a spare 5 mins, download it and play it over a few times. Beautiful.

More to follow.....

No comments: