Friday, June 02, 2006

Whaterboutyou?

Currently listening to:
"Father and daughter"
Paul Simon
Surprise


Its been a while, again since my last post. This is due to not having much to say.

So, recently I've had at least 2 dreams where I have been sentenced to death. Both times I've been a bit blase about the situation until I reached the business end of a noose or ak47 respectively.

In the first dream I was to be hung. Can't really remember what the crime was, don't think it was anything that sinister, but I just agreed to go along with the proceedings. There were two large rooms. One was an auditorium which looked like it sat several thousand, the other room (next door) was a party. I was in the party room, having a few drinks and snacks with all my friends and family.

Several characters, like Elia Montgomery, were coming over and saying things like "don't you think you should at least try to escape? Do you really not think this is all a bit unfair?" I just laughed and carried on.

Slowly everyone filed into the next room, and took their seats. This was the room where the execution was to take place.

Finally the police left the party room to get ready for the main event, my hanging, when I suddenly realized. O holy crap, they're gonna hang me! And for what?

I took a good look around, no one was left in the room so I legged it. (and then woke up).

The next dream was just bizarre. We found out that my grandad, who died in the late 80's was actually alive, or at least he had just died. He had run off to the air force to become a pilot, and had been serving in Iraq.

My brother Andy, who tends to travel a lot, had got himself into trouble with some terrorists and my grandad had found out. He had been monitoring us constantly since his untimely departure. Grandad had gone awol with a fighterjet to save the day.

unfortunately Grandad had been shot down and killed by our own airforce for desertion, over the desert.

Andy had been released by his captors, he was on his way home, and everyone was round our's paying their respect to my war-hero-but-got-shot-down-for-desertion granda.

Here's where the story really starts. I was being put on trial for granda's war crimes. Apparently shooting him down wasn't good enough for the UN. One of his descendants had to stand trial for their satisfaction.

The ceremony was very short. I was pretty much sentenced to be shot by firing squad right away. The catch is that I was lined up with lots of proper criminals against a wall out in the desert. Between me and the firing squad, who were all blindfolded, were several large pillars of natural rock formation.

The system was as follows. The firing squad shot at the general direction of us nasty criminal types, but because they can't see and are therefore not aiming, it was a case of God's will who gets a bullet. This made perfect sense to the UN who sanctioned this type of selective execution.

I was ushered to the left hand side of the wall by the civil servant arranging the crooks. He whispered in my ear "You'll be ok over here, we know this is all a bit silly and you aren't really guilty of anything, just duck a little!"

Sure enough the firing squad were given the order and shot. I looked to my right and heard the "zip-zip-zip-zip" of bullets entering flesh.

I seemed to be the only one not bleeding so I was freed.

I haven't had an execution dream in over a week now. I'm bored now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I thought my dream the other night of "borrowing" a car shaped like a giant green apple was weird! .. Ok, so it was... but still.

Apparently
"To dream that you miraculously escape your own execution, signifies that you will overcome your enemies and succeed in gaining wealth."

Wealth? Hmm. Did I ever mention you're my favourite friend, Matt? ;-)