Saturday, November 25, 2006

Goodnight Ken Gourley......

Ken was a lovely fella.

This is an odd post, I was discussing with Dermo and Elia earlier, its always hard to say the right thing at a funeral or about the person who passed away.

In case I get it wrong, i'll borrow some words. Today Lindsay Allen was saying some really good things about Ken. For instance, he was an easy guy to like, he could disagree with you picking his words carefully not to make you angry, lastly and most importantly - all was well with his soul (even when the going got tough).

Those are some of the most important things a man can have going for him. I really hope that when I finally go that people will be able to say something similar of me.

The end of the service brought those all important words, "We do not grieve as those who have no hope". Death is not the end for us, its only the beginning.

Its an odd thing, but at a Christian funeral there is no despair. Sure, we will miss the person, sure we'll cry, but we know we'll see him again. He's fallen asleep here and woken up with God. Amen.

Goodnight Ken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm Ken's Brother Leslie. I don't know you, but i'm glad you put this on the web. He truly was a good guy, and we all miss him so much. Thanks again