Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Steria (drunken) bowling.....

I'm just posting this for fun, and so i can get at it easily.

This is what the good folks at my company are like when we get together out of work hours!



I was supposed to be doing my windows XP exam the day this was filmed. The test centre was closed when i turned up and i was given no explanation by Thompson Prometric, the testing people who just asked politely: "Did no one contact you to arrange moving your appointment?"

No one had called me, of course they hadn't or I would not have been studying every waking hour for the past month or panicing in the carpark about whether i was too early or trying, against my usual exam taking odds, to remember the fine details of unattended installations.

Why am I explaining this? Well, the end of the video has a clip from Chris Evan's BBC Radio 2 Drive Time show, which he mentioned the text i'd sent in explaining my rubbish day to this point, but how it was fine now 'cuse the folks in my office were all going bowling!

After checking through, just now, I've realised that the radio mention bit got cut from the end of the video. It was a good day all round. I'll post the mention in a bit.

(update - the video is the correct one now with mention)

Was listening to: (the video soundtrack)
Song: "Alcohol"
Artist: Barenaked Ladies
Album: Stunt

2 comments:

Elia said...

The navigation thread on the Thompson Prometric website says it all "Home > Why Use Prometric". Maybe just missing a question mark and maybe an additional ">Home" to signify your wasted round trip.

Maybe the centre was shut because Windows had crashed? And, of course, they had your number on the computer!

The Allen Family Blog said...

Hey there, a good radio mention!!

Reminds me of the time we all got mentioned for the first time on TV (Channel 5 no less!!)

I have uploaded it to youtube, check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJIVOp-AGA