Monday, January 31, 2005

FATTY MCBUTTERPANTS

I realised, with some delight that I’m putting on weight. This is no small thing, I’ve been the same 30” waist since 1996.

I climbed into my trousers this morning and realised that they were a little on the tight side. I barely managed to button them closed and, much like those tv adverts for kellogs, I half expected to send my buttons flying across the room. A sensible man would change, but no, I decided to just rush on to work, leaving me in agony for the rest of the day. Moron.

I saw a film over the weekend that I thought would match its “straight to video” status, but ended up being really rather good. “Envy” was a hilarious look at one man’s frustration at his dreamer friend hitting it big on a business idea. The resentment of his family and the daily reminder that his neighbour is rolling in it just across the street slowly consumes him. The main characters are played by Jack Black (rich guy) and Ben stiller (resentful neighbour), a much better film than it sounds, can’t believe that it wasn’t given a release, at least for its undoubted commercial appeal.

Sunday night brought the 4th season of 24. Joanne and I snuggled up on the sofa and barricaded the door to stop any distraction. It was certainly not a let down as Jack Bauer (Keifer Sutherland) started another day of nightmare events, and anyway, any excuse to snuggle is worthwhile.

M

No comments: