Saturday, January 29, 2005

Welcome

Greetings and badly spelt salutations.

I want to start by saying, this whole idea is all Ross Thompsons fault.

Today as i wandered through cyberspace i realised the web was lacking something, it needed me in/on there somewhere. I have had several cups of coffee and that being the case i am feeling overly motivated to anything productive, and this is the result.

Why Hararya? What does that even mean? For anyone who lives in Northern Ireland this phrase might be more familliar than you might first think. If it appeared in the dictionary it would maybe look like this:

HAR-AR-YA :intj: a greeting; colloquialism of well to do people in Northern Ireland's Co. Down area; expression of joy to see someone. can be extended to "FER-GOODNESSAKE-HAR-AR-YA" to show special delight in meeting someone.

This term to me is a celebration of the wanna-be upper class in Northern Ireland. People who lack the ability to say 'how are you?'

I've known many people in my short exisence that use this saying and it has become a secret code to me and a select few to signify a person's personality, eg: that guy over there is a real 'hararya', meaning he may be a well to do individual or perhapse someone who has an overly inflated sense of self importance due to their geographical and or social positioning.

This is all pretty irrelivant, the point is i wanted to start a web log and i couldn't think of a username that hadn't been used already.

There you have it. I hope that this site will be an avenue through which i can keep record of my thoughts and opinions as i go about my day to day life, and that for anyone reading, it will be a good source of amusement.

Lets see what happens.

No comments: