Saturday, July 02, 2005

Live 8

So there i was 20 years ago in a cravan just outside York, in England. We had a small black and white tv and i'm told, (cuse i can't really remember), dad, mum andy and I watched live aid.

I remember a few things about that trip. We went into York Minster, a fantastic old church building, and I remember my neck being sore looking up at all the artwork in the celing. Dad stopped, double parked outside a music shop and bought Dire straits's album "Alchemy"

July-05 watching live 8

A few things have changed. I'm now sitting in my living room watching a much larger tv, with cable attached, looking at Travis performing live in hide park. At the same over broadband connection Phillidelphia, i'm now watching an ageingJohn Bon Jovi.

Technology is scary, they say over 85% of the world is watching, billions. The biggest event ever to occur. WOW.

Shame they let miss dynamite perform, that was just a waste of time. Still, anything in aid of a good cause.

Was anyone else slightly freaked out by Bill gates appearing live in the UK? Just me then?

On an up note, the fellowes brothers appear to have arrived in the US, and got through customs! I got a text message from paul asking me to call his parents and tell them he's ok, i did then told him to buy a phone card.

Continue to pray for them!

M

No comments: