Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fundalk Giants Part Deux.....


To quote Dr. Peter Venkman in the 1984 blockbuster Ghostbusters:
"We came we saw we kicked its ass.."

The Giants won 5-1 against the Manchester Phoenix at the Dundalk Ice Dome.

I think the main reason was that I was playing music at the event. A hasty arrangement between the rink manager and I who apologised for not calling me back and said: 'so, are ya doin the music for us then?' fantastic.

I did really enjoy the evening with Arn by my side announcing. We had a lot of fun. I was dared to play Sean Beren's cheese grater "back in Belfast" and so i did. I got a laugh from a few of the hockey faithful. Let me explain:

Sean Berens is a guy I used to play guitar with, an ex-giant. I engineered a single for him called 'Back in Belfast' which was pretty awful, but I did play all of the tracks bass, rythm, and lead guitar also singing harmony. We debuted this single around the radio stations in Belfast, playing live on the air. 'Back in Belfast' was a declaration of love for the town and his general excitement at being back here after a season elsewhere. Shortly after we played it live everywhere, Sean left us to play ice hockey for a Sweedish team. It was a great opportunity for him, but left me without a musical partner and pretty much ended eny chance i had at a musical career. The song is now regarded to be a joke given his flaky disregard for his new found home once offered a better deal. (wow that was a load off my chest).

Neverthelesss, the Giants triumphed and are now officially on a winning streak after 3 whole games won in a row. Get in!

Currently listening to: Song: Everybody wants a little something Good Artist: Duke Special Album: Songs from the Deep Forest

1 comment:

Jo said...

*cough* Austria *cough*