Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A-TACK! (not for the squeemish)...

So there i was putting up a poster in the office, when i fell from where i standing much to the amusement of me and my work buddies.

All of a sudden the laughter stopped, i looked at my hand and realised that i had fallen on something, i was attacked. The offending article is pictured below, (with a mobile phone besided it for size reference)
a-tack

The little prick, (actually not so little at 1.75CM or 3/4"), Went in just below my thumb, all the way in.... *going all woosley* The puncture site is pictured below.

pierced

Surprisingly, i didn't really feel it go in, but it was fun pulling it out. At first attempt the pin didn't move, i nearly colapsed, after one more good tug though, it popped out.

Lucky I had a shot a while ago, else lock jaw should set in around lunch time!

(many thanks to dave ashe, who attended to the gash!)

Current mood: Lightheaded
Current caffine saturation level: 43.7%
current song: Bob Dylan "I shall be released" (from "the last waltz")

No comments: