Sunday, November 13, 2005

The biggest Theo fans ever! (and other stuff..)

Currently listening to: JOHN PRINE "Standing By Peaceful Waters"

So, there I was, over at Shiny Sarah's house, waiting on Jo to finish her hair so she and Raj could head out to her formal lookin mighty fine. While making smalltalk with the adults they said they were talking to a couple of folks that had come over to Belfast 'specially to see Theoren McFleury play a game for the Giants.

Lance and Christie are from Seattle. Christie has been traveling around Europe and Lance had just joined her when they realized Theo was playing in Belfast. The hopped on a plane to see their hero play.

Tom and Joyce had got chatting to them, as they were at the game against Cardiff on Thursday night. They were so excited that Joyce asked if there was anything we could do for them, since they'd made effort to come see us and all. I asked the Giants folks and it was set.

I met with them and told them they could come meet Theo after the game. Lance was apparently speechless for about 30 mins.

At the end of the game I went to get them from the crowd. Nigel, Raj's dad, kindly lent us his digital SLR and so we headed down to the changing room waiting areas. We had to wait a little while for Theo to finish up showering, and he's apparently the quick one!

Theo was a true gent and chatted to them for a while, which I understand was some kind of life ambition for Lance! He's been watching him play hockey since he was a kid. When Theo realized the effort these guys had gone to to be at the games he said, "oh, hey sorry it was such a stinker tonight". (It was a little bit of a slow game, even if we did win).

Its always good to meet hockey folks from another country, 'specially when they are just so nice, and easy to get on with.

Me and Jo said our goodbyes and we headed to Four star to get some dinner. Incidently FOUR STAR pizza are opening up in newtownabbey, at fernagh. WHOOOHOO!

Lots of stuff has happened since my last post, I really should say more, and will soon. I did go see the excellent John Prine in concert at the Waterfront Hall and I will write something about that soon.

Also, I'm on a windows 2003 server course this week instead of being in work. I'm really looking forward to that. I might actually be able to pretend that I know what I'm talking about by the end of the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for comment - just decided change would be nice!! lol tho i really was fixed between the template i have now + the BRITE pink one!! woulda been fun! so hows it goin with yourself? tim

Anonymous said...

Aaww Lance & Christy rocked so much! I don't think I've ever seen anyone grin so much in all my life! We gave them a lift back to their hostel, and on the way he was trying to figure out what time it was back home so he could go ring everybody! Bless 'is lil cottony socks.

So glad you could do so much to help them meet the (lil) big man himself! :-)