Sunday, November 27, 2005

The wrong side of 25...

Currently listening to: "Heartbeats" - Jose González

Thats right, i'm getting old.

I was getting into bed after a lovely night at shiny sarah's house. I started to contemplate being 26.

26. I remember when i thought that was old.

Nevertheless I was just getting snuggly when I got a call from my big bro Andy. He'd neglected to put diesel in Mee-lan's car and was sitting at a local motorway's central reservation.

I jumped up, got dressed and headed down, but the AA were already on the way so I parked up and let them wait in the heat for the short while till the breakdown truck arrived.

The guy sorted the car with fuel, and it started after a little bit. Hoorah!

Just before i left them I said "anytime you wanna say happy birthday is fine with me." Immediatley i got a nice chorus of "Happy birthday to you", the first of my 26th year, in the freezing cold on the M2!

T'was oddly nice.

Now as I drift off, I spare a thought for Dave Allen in Medicine Hat Canada. He's 25 and gonna be a daddy anytime now. I thought I had trouble!

Much manly love to y'all.

M

No comments: