Monday, January 08, 2007

Mobile madness...... part deux (thats french)

My lovely Nokia N93 has had a bit of a difficult few weeks, what with the turning off by itself every time I put it in my pocket. At first I thought it was my fault, but after extensive testing I've realised that I wasn't pushing the off button, or any combination of buttons that should have caused a fault.

Phones 4 u were nice enough to send the phone back for me, but they could not hand me a replacement handset to make making phone calls handy. Or any handset for that matter. (Sorry to those who know how to use the English language properly).

I'm currently relegated to a mobile phone that, and wait for it, makes phone calls. And that's it. No camera, no video, nuthin.

Well, its nice to get "back to basics", after all it was the rage at one point. The thing is I love using my camera/phone/video camera. I've enjoyed taking good resolution (but not quality) pictures and video for a while now and to suddenly have the facility taken away is a bit annoying.

Never mind, the Sony Ericsson J220i has its bonus features.... actually, it doesn't but it does work.

I've never been good at what the boys in work like to call 'change control' when it comes to phones. Out with the old and in with the new without any planning is usually order of the day. The handing of my phone back to Phones 4 u was no exception. I forgot to backup the numbers of those I hold dear before submitting the handset and so, now I'm back to square one. I've lost your number. Yes you. All of you. So if/when you text and i text back and say "who are you" please, once again, don't think I've stopped loving you in any way. Its just that I'm much better at planning this sort of thing for others, forgetting to look to my own data recovery needs.

Its 2am. I can't sleep. But I'll stop talking now.

Until next time gadget.....

M

4 comments:

sharmani said...

"Back to basics" sound like my kind of phone! I have got WAP, email, multimedia on my phone and am paying through the nose for things I don't know how to use (and have no inclination to use).

I'm a girl *grin* so transferred all my mobile numbers.

I'm a girl *grin* so walked up to the phones on display and selected a pretty one.

Good luck with restarting your contact list, Matt!

☆Laura☆ said...

sooo...you have problems with the N93 - i really want an N73 (on contract so i don't pay, like, 400 quid fr it!) do you think the n series are not good?

Matt said...

lisa,

whip that mobile provider of yours into shape and tell them you're quittin if things don't get a whole lot cheaper! You go girl!

Laura,

the n93 is a fantastic phone, its just this one is a bit dodgy. Joanne (my lovely missis) got one too and she has had no problems with it.

If you go to Phones 4 u i think its still £40 a month, which is not bad for a £400ish phone.

also, they have it in a shiny silver now. Rockin!

sharmani said...

Matt, I had them take off the $8/month they were charging me for email and web facilities. I'm on fire, watch out world!