Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Playoffs

I'm in Nottingham. I've been having a really good weekend. We got here on Friday and booked into Jury's inn. They were oddly efficient, we were able to check in around 10.30.

After a lunch in squares I headed over to the arena. I've been providing a sound mix of Cool FM's Nigel Ringland and Canadian journalist Wayne Hardman for a dvd being recorded of the weekend.

Last night we went to the pit and pendulum, a goth / rock bar in town that make nice cocktails.

Breakfast in the hotel was great. Its that generic stuff but it was tasty and well cooked.

We went back to the arena today where Jo Sarah and I got access all areas passes! (much luff to the staff who didn't really need to do that, but did anyway). After about an hour of wrestling with a camera's sound inputs were were free to enjoy the first game, Cardiff V Coventry. Cardiff were successfull, much to the delight of everyone gathered.

Everything was going well until the Belfast Giants got eliminated from the competition. Dang.

They played well but were just pipped on penalties by the Nottingham Panthers.

We headed back to the hotel where Jo and I enjoyed TV and pizza. I'm currently stealing Squeek's internet access cuse he's passed out in the corner. hehehehehehe.

I have video and things to update soon, but I've nothing to edit it on.

Dang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh memories of when Squeek passed out & got some funky new "tattoos" ;-)

"Access all areas, ya say? Aaalll riiight" tehe

later alligator x