Friday, June 01, 2007

Kart tastic!

Last night was the Matt McIvor challenge at Eddie Irvines's karting track. Let me explain...

Steria goes every year to this track for a bit of a social get together and friendly competition. Whoever wins the competition gets the tournament named after them next year. I won last year, so this years event was all mine!

Now, a word on that "friendly competition". In years gone past we've had people ejected from the building in the pursuit of "friendly competition". This year however, there was a thinner turnout. The key agitators were not present. Given this lack of friction I subconsciously decided to fill the gap.

On my second qualifier i was racing Simon Maynard, a fine fellow who used to work in our office.
We were heading around the fastest S bend on the track and i was travelling faster than Simon. Suddenly I found myself closed in with no where to go. Simon bit the tyre wall.

I didn't have the heart to pass, so Simon still won the race, and went on to come second in the final. I came 3rd.

Later investigation by the "experts" at Antrim Area Hospital revealed Simon has a cracked rib and severe muscle trauma. Still, he looked ok in the picture below. (sporting a white t-shirt).

1 comment:

The Allen Family Blog said...

uh oh...

Now its time to get ready for the civil law-suit. Just deny everything, if you like I can give you an alibi.

"Well your honour, Matt's been with me for the past three months, I don't know what this man is talking about."