Saturday, June 30, 2007

Roller Hockey Tournament

The East Coast Blaze roller hockey team were hosting an event this weekend at the Valley Leisure Centre. The even was well planned, the only flaw in the setup being the DJ..... me.

I was awoken from an otherwise loverly slumber by Phil from All Hockey Gear. The conversation went like this:

Phil: Matt, how are you?
Me: Who is this?
Phil: Phil. You coming to pay us a visit?
Me: What? Where? ..........Oh, hold on, *swears* Is your tournament thing today?
Phil: Yup. You coming down?
Me: What time do you start?
Phil: 9 Minutes ago.
Me: Bugger. When does your next game start?
Phil: 20 minutes.
Me: what about the one after that?
Phil: 39 minutes?
Me: That is more realistic. Um, i'll be right there.
Phil: Don't worry buddy, have your breakfast and a coffee, we're a bit light on the ground just yet.
Me: UUgghh, right, sorry, i'll see you soon.
Phil: *Giggles* *click*

I've only slept in for a gig past its starting time once, that was a Giants game a few years ago. I slept all night and all day to the face off time of 6pm. I had been really run down, just like i've been feeling lately. This time, just like the last, i felt like a right wab. The difference is, this time, I completely forgot the gig was even happening. That hasn't really happened before.


I made it down for just past 10.30.

Jo made it down around 4pm to take pictures. The problem is the lighting is orange in there, should make for interesting photos.

We're off back tomorrow for the last day of the competition. I'll try to get there for 9!

Currently listening to:
Track: "Tumble in the rough"
Artist: Stone Temple Pilots
Album: Tiny Music... Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop

1 comment:

Elia said...

Classic! Sorry I didn't make it down with coffee as I rather suspect you needed it! But you could do that job with your eyes closed - I know this because I worked with you at the Giants including that very day you were late! ;)