Sunday, June 10, 2007

POLICE, WINNING ON PENALTIES......

Eesh, It must be that time of year again.

I was driving to Coleraine to see the Armstrong clan on Thursday night, after Steria's corporate BBQ. You have to understand, I haven't seen these folks in 10 years, or there a-boots, as they now reside in Cana-dia.

Such was my excitement, rocketing towards Ulster's north coast, that I'd ignored the speed I was traveling at. Apparently it was about 86 miles an hour. Scratch that, it was EXACTLY 86 miles an hour. I know this as the kindly cop in question showed me just how he works that figure out on his radar thingie. This case of radar love, landed me 3 points and a £60 fine!

I've figured out that i get this 'temporary lapse of concentration' once or so every summer, and sometimes in the winter.

Here's to careful driving for the next 6 months till I loose some more.

5 comments:

The Allen Family Blog said...

Ooops, aww well, at least they haven't found your grow op yet...

(maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that on here...)

Anonymous said...

I am shocked and ashamed. You?! Speeding? Never! Tut tut tut young Mattholomew.

*cough*

No more GTA for you for a while! =P

Matt said...

I'll keep my stash under wraps for now.... and probably play more grand theft auto!

Anonymous said...

re we talking motorway or a road or back country road???

Anonymous said...

Yep - I know exactly what one of those looks like!

Laura